Who are we?
We are experts in front-line Accident and Emergency vehicles, Passenger Transportation vehicle, and Emergency Response vehicles. We are proud to support our emergency services by designing and building emergency vehicles and are currently in an exciting period of growth, looking for enthusiastic new team members who will share our pride in manufacturing these lifesaving vehicles.
What you’ll be doing?
In the role you will be responsible for electrical installations, diagnostics, fault finding and electrical repairs on vehicle bodies to the highest achievable quality standard, within agreed timescales. Duties will also include fitting looms, light bars, consumer units and other various parts.
Main duties & Responsibilities
• Installing electrical equipment to a varied range of new emergency vehicles on a production line.
• Will be expected to work to very high and demanding standard, consistent with the type of vehicle being manufactured.
• Will be working on main production assembly lines
Skills & Experience Required
• Previous experience working in an auto electrical role and preferably qualified at NVQ level 3 standard (City and Guilds Level 2)
• Must be able to follow specific build instructions, take detailed notes and follow installation details.
• Must be able to work on own initiative and unsupervised after training
• Must have experience in crimping terminals of automotive electrical connectors such as TE Fastons, Mate N Lock, Super seals and insulated wire terminals.
• Must have good communication skills and be a team player with ability to work closely with colleagues.
• Must work to a high standard of quality
• Training will be provided by VCS in house and on the job
What will make you a good candidate?
• Great organisational skills. There can be a lot happening here at any given moment and nothing can afford to slip through the gaps. Day-to-day you won’t be micromanaged, so you need to be able to structure your workload independently.
• A motivated, forward-thinking, and ambitious personality with a desire to make a difference and be part of a growing business.
• Be a nice person to work with.
What we offer
• The opportunity to work with some of the most committed and motivated people you could hope to work with.
• An environment where honesty, communication and initiative are always recognised and valued.
• A chance to develop yourself into an integral long-standing member of our business.
• Great benefits, including:
– a 4 day working week, Monday – Thursday 6:30am – 16:30pm
– Retail discounts for employees
– Company pension
– Life assurance
– 24 days holiday including bank holidays
– Employee Assistance Programme for employees
– Competitive pay and enhanced Overtime pay rates
– In house training
Online applications are always the best way to show your interest, but if that’s not possible then you can apply by email or post.